Monday, November 10, 2008

Proof that 2 years flys by quickly...

I called my sister Diane yesterday after realizing that it had been 2 years since Mom died. I can't believe its been that long. Much like they say, you learn to live with the loss, but the loss never goes away.

I think of Mom often, like when Kyle got sick this past week, on Mothers Day and oddly enough, on Election Day wondering what she would think about Obama winning. I remember just a couple of weeks after Mom had passed I took Kyle with me and we went to Sun City.
Sun City is the huge retirement community here on the west side of the Phoenix valley. They were having a huge holiday craft fair at the Sundial Auditorium. We arrived and were the youngest folks there by about 30 years. But as we browsed all the booths and admired all the crafts and handmade items, I kept telling Kyle, look..this is something Grandma used to make, look..Grandma has some of these ..over and over again. In one corner of the auditorium was a dark room and we could see Christmas lights. Kyle asked to go over there. Inside was a room filled of these Christmas light balls. It's hard to describe, but basically they are made out of clear plastic cups, lights are poked through and made into a big ball. When they are on, the twinkle and are beautiful. Kyle had long admired the one that my Mom has at the house and displays at Christmas. We decided it was just what we needed. Kyle was so excited and we brought it home. It is now a staple of our Christmas decorations. I think of her when we have it on and I know that Kyle does too.

Here's a pretty picture of Mom...Dad took it one Sunday before church.

No comments: