It was a day of mixed feelings. Bob, Don, Greg and Jenny came up to get some furniture that we are giving Greg and Jenny for their new apartment. It was nice to get it out of our garage! Glad that they are going to be able to put it to good use.
Kyle and I wished Gary a Happy Fathers Day and he was feeling pretty down. It's hard being away from each other and especially hard now that we have missed our Anniversary, Gary's birthday and Fathers Day since he's been down in Arizona. We are really looking forward to this coming week so that we can all be back together again.
We called Grandpa Kaiser to wish him a Happy Fathers Day and was happy to hear that Doug, Shannon, Calah and Carol all went out to breakfast to celebrate this morning. He was in good spirits and ready to get back to his job hunting.
In the afternoon we went over to Kim's parents house. We brought Caesar salad, Garlic bread and Ice Cream Cake from Baskin Robbins. Yummm! Diane prepared a lasagna and it was delicious! Our dear friend Dolores came over and brought a delicious fruit salad. We had a great dinner and enjoyed each others company. I had made copies of a lot of pictures and brought them over to give to everyone. Dad's face lit up when he saw the big 8x10's of the grandkids and great-grandkids.
Kyle spent most of the afternoon playing with Greg's dog, Sammy. He is an amazing brown lab, gentle, easy going and loves Kyle too. Kyle would bring him home in a heartbeat! He really wants us to get a dog.
Sadly, its the last time I will see the folks, Bob, Don, Diane, Dave and Greg. I had a hard time saying goodbye to Mom and Dad and broke down before I left. Dad's eyes welled up with tears and I told him that we would be back for sure in October for Melinda's wedding but would write and send pictures as we settled in. Not sure how much Mom understood about this being the last time, she kept saying, "hey, we'll start up the RV and be down to visit" but in reality I know that's probably not going to happen.
So, yes, it was a day of celebrating but it was also a sad day. I will miss my family dearly. I know we can come back to visit, but it truly is not the same. Once again reminded to not take things for granted. You never know when you might not see someone again.
Happy Fathers Day to all the dad's out there.
Sunday, June 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment