Saturday, May 23, 2009

Kim's new job...




I feel so fortunate. I had been laid off in March from my old company and with the status of the economy, I really felt like I was going to be out of work for some time. We started buckling down preparing for the worse.

Fortunately I was able to find a job in just a few weeks. It is with Holsum Bakery, a local owned bakery here in the Phoenix area, rich with history. It's been around since 1881 and was recently acquired by Flowers Foods...a huge company with lots of bakeries in its family.

The plant I work at in Tolleson makes the Holsum brand of bread and buns for McDonalds, Wendys, Burger King, Jack in the Box as well as a bunch of other bread. Between the Phoenix plant and our plant, they make the Holsum brand, Aunt Hatties brand, Roman Meal, Bar S and Natures Own.

After watching all the buns being made I can tell you one thing. The buns come off our lines perfectly round, not smushed and taste great. What happens by the time they get to all those fast foods, I don't know..but they certainly don't look the same.

I love my new job, the people are great and its nice working for a company that is so rich in history.

By the way...the Aunt Hatties cinnamon raisin bread is the best! If you happen to be in some parts of So. California, New Mexico, Las Vegas or anywhere in Arizona...pick up a loaf it is much better than any other brand out there.


No comments: