However, I must tell you about my visit. First, Kim's sister Diane came to pick her up at the airport. Not only was the flight quick..but Kim's plane arrived early. Awww..fresh cool sea breeze as I waited out in front of Terminal 1 in Oakland for Diane to scurry on over from the Park & Call area. The cool breeze felt so good...remember I'm coming from the land of dry, hot, desert where there isn't much green to be found.
It was good to see Diane again and always "good" to drive through the scenic streets of Oakland to head east.
We were busy with preparations for the shower most of Friday night and Saturday morning. But Friday afternoon and Sunday before leaving to come home I got to spend time with Dad, Don and Bob. Dad looks terrific and he looked absolutely shocked to see me when I walked in. But he had a hard time wiping that smile off his face. I sat and held his hand ...it was so good to see him. He is doing so well and always a treat to have him tell me "I Love You". Words are few and far between for him these days, that's why its so special to hear anything he says.

This is Dad enjoying a milkshake from Diggers Diner!

Dad is being well taken care of by Bob and Don. We sure appreciate everything that they do for him. Well...on Saturday, Melinda had a beautiful baby shower. Cute little baby feet cookies, yummy food including fruit kabobs, ceas
ar salad, sandwiches and potato salad. Before the shower started Richie was being silly. He kept asking me "Aunt Kim take another funny face picture of me!" Boy can he do the funny faces! Here is a few, some with his sister Molly and him alone.
Ok..so this one is actually very sweet. But wait..there's more!



It was a wonderful shower and I was very happy to be able to have attended. Now, Melinda..hurry up and have that baby. We can't wait to meet Dylan!



No comments:
Post a Comment