Monday, February 02, 2009

Painful loss for the Arizona Cardinals

Yep, we freely admit to jumping on the bandwagon. The Cardinals made it to the Superbowl, admidst all the critics disbelief they made it. We held out hope that they could win. It was a nailbiter of a game...but in the end they lost 27-23. However, the boost it gave to Arizona is undescribable. In the current state of the economy, homes being lost, jobs being lost, the Arizona folks had something good to be excited about...and we/they still do. They finally became credible..a real threat and not the joke of the NFL that they had been. It was one of those gut wrenching losses but it was a close game and made believers out of many who doubted our redbirds. We are proud of the Cardinals and so happy that they "almost" won the big one. Hoping for another exciting year next year!
How can you defend against a catch like this?
We love Larry Fitzgerald..not just because he's a good player, but a tremendous guy too.

One of just a few times Larry Fitzgerald was able to get open..and he scored!
A very sad Kurt Warner...
True sadness...Cardinals players worked so hard only to lose. We are very proud of you!
I read this fantastic column this morning titled, "Dear Cardinals fans..." I loved it! It says exactly what I had been thinking to. Here is a link to it: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Dear-Cardinals-fans-I-implore-you-don-t-be-lik;_ylt=Aou1m0zAIHfvDVLmN0Ke_iFDubYF?urn=nfl,138150
Get ready for next year!




No comments: