We already have busy weeks these days with Kyle's basketball practice 2 nights a week and the games on Saturdays...in addition to work, school and homework. But to complicate things ... our Santa Fe broke down on my way home from work this week. I had just exited off the freeway and was about 10 miles from home. All of the sudden I hear this loud knocking, smoke coming out of the engine and....I look at the gauge and it is in the RED....HOT! I call Gary and slowww way down, pull over to the side of the road and tell him the scary news. He tells me to get to the next crossroad and turn off...(meaning, I was on a busy state route and it wasn't safe) However, the car was not in good shape..I slowed way down and stopped. The car stalled and then...it wouldn't start up again. It did not look good!
My prince charming hurried to find me and rescue me. No, he didn't ride up on the white horse, just in his blue car with the dog. Gary looked under the hood..had me start the car..and heard the knocking. He too was concerned - there was absolutely no coolant. Then we remembered we had the 60,000 mile/6 year warranty. The car was only 3yrs old. Gary said, check the mileage. And...like as if someone was watching out for us the odometer registered 59,363!!!!! We called the Hyundai service line and 1 1/2 hours later the Santa Fe was at the dealer and we were home safe. Whew!
Well, in the midst of waiting to find out the news...we missed a couple of birthdays. Dougie and Melinda's husband Barrie. We send out our best wishes to you both!!!!

Oh..and the result of the car? Lucky for us it was all covered by the warranty. The "O" Rings had gone bad on the thermostat...thus the overheat. Whew! We feel very fortunate it wasn't something more and that it was covered under warranty!
1 comment:
Lucky you about your car! We need to get together soemtime!
Post a Comment