Monday, February 16, 2009

A reluctant ten year old Valentine

Kyle's class at school was allowed to bring in Valentines last Friday. The only condition was that you had to bring in one for every person in the class. Kyle didn't want to give any to the girls but I reminded him that he had to bring in one for every kid in class...teachers rules!

So, I bring home the most "boy" kind of Valentines...Marvel Heroes. You ...know Incredible Hulk, Spiderman, Captain America, etc. He writes all the names on them, we staple on a treat and then he comes across the stickers in the box. The stickers are intended to be used to close the Valentine...he did not want to use them because they were in the shape of hearts. We went back and forth and I finally told him that was fine if he didn't want to use them.

He brought all the Valentines to school and later that day brought home all the Valentines that the kids in his class had given to him. He wanted to throw out the one's from the girls...I told him to keep all of them (I am saving them in his school momentos).

Later that night Kyle calls me from down the hall. He says, "Mom, I used all the heart stickers!". I said, "you did?" "What did you use the stickers on?"
He runs out and says, "My Face!"

Happy Valentines Day to everyone!

No comments: